I am not a big chicken fan. I don't care if I never see another piece of baked or fried chicken. Chicken marsala, however, is a very different story. I love it.
But, it has been ten years since I've ordered it in a restaurant. For ten tears before that, I tried and tried, but I was unable to find a restaurant with chicken marsala that made me happy.
That is because Mary, my wife of thirty-five years, makes incomparable chicken marsala. Not even nationally known chefs can match her chicken marsala. Honestly.
Here is Mary's recipe.
Flatten boneless chicken breasts with a kitchen mallet and cut each breast into 5-6 pieces.
Dredge the chicken in flour. Starting with a stick of butter, saute the chicken, and mushroom slices. After a few minutes of cooking, add between 1/2 and 3/4 of a cup of Marsala wine. Cook until the butter/marsala mixture thickens a bit and the chicken approaches a golden brown color.
Serve the chicken on boiled rice, spooning the remaining butter/marsala mixture over it.
Enjoy. - 16459
But, it has been ten years since I've ordered it in a restaurant. For ten tears before that, I tried and tried, but I was unable to find a restaurant with chicken marsala that made me happy.
That is because Mary, my wife of thirty-five years, makes incomparable chicken marsala. Not even nationally known chefs can match her chicken marsala. Honestly.
Here is Mary's recipe.
Flatten boneless chicken breasts with a kitchen mallet and cut each breast into 5-6 pieces.
Dredge the chicken in flour. Starting with a stick of butter, saute the chicken, and mushroom slices. After a few minutes of cooking, add between 1/2 and 3/4 of a cup of Marsala wine. Cook until the butter/marsala mixture thickens a bit and the chicken approaches a golden brown color.
Serve the chicken on boiled rice, spooning the remaining butter/marsala mixture over it.
Enjoy. - 16459
About the Author:
Daniel Z. Kane is an educator whose interests include adult education, evaluation of life experience for academic credit, online college degree programs, and online colleges which offer scholarships and accelerated degrees.